Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Press Freedom on Fraser Coast healthy

Press Freedom on the Fraser Coast has blossomed since the closure of Strewth. In addition to the Bring Back Strewth and Strewth Reloaded sites the region hosts two older sites, one at Maryborough and one at Hervey Bay.

The Maryborough site Perspectives and the Hervey Bay Gossip sites and worth a look. 

This healthy state of affairs brings, by my reckoning, the total of alternative news sources to five. If any reader knows of others please contact the Free Clarion and I will include links to their sites.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've done a very nice job of this site. I sympathise with your rationale for creating it totally. When I left school I was pretty keen on journalism, but baulked at the prospect of joining the ****** rag. All this online journalism has led me to believe that maybe if we all pulled together, we could get a real paper on the road..... maybe...
Dirk